Saturday, August 8, 2009

Valerie's Top 5 Amusements in Europe

From mid-June to mid-July, I was in Central/Eastern Europe with my parents and my sister. I thought I would share my top five amusements from that trip, in no particular order.

1) Dad dancing in Budapest



We went for a 'traditional' dinner one night in Budapest and the stage entertainment called my dad up for an audience interaction bit. Dad had to dance his weaving way through bottles on the stage, following a thigh-slapping, knee-jerking routine that he'd just been taught. Then he had to do it again - blindfolded. You can imagine the hilarity.

2) Mom sitting down next to a so-German guard



My sister Steph and I were cracked up by this image of our mom sitting next to this old school guard, totally oblivious to the incongruity of the image.

3) Taking pictures of beautiful things and places



There was no shortage of beautiful things and places to enjoy and to take pictures of. This one is inside a cathedral somewhere - after a few cathedrals, they all start to blend into one. My personal advice is that one cathedral suffices - if you've been to one, you kind of might as well have been to them all. The same goes for the old town bits of European cities - one old town is very much like another old town. Tourist-trappy but still lovely.

4) Germany's Wow Wow dustbins



Wow! I found a dustbin! Wow!

5) Being statues with Steph



Steph and I had a lot of fun being various statues. We amused not only ourselves but also all passersby. Lest you think it unfair that I got to be human while Steph was the dog, let me mention that on two separate occasions, I was a horse which Steph sat on.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Wow! Wow! rubbish bins. I can't stop laughing. Go Germany! And they say Germans don't have a sense of humour. Rubbish! (bad pun). I see a very healthy sense of irony being exhibited.

    Glad you made it back from China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. You have an email coming soon!

    ReplyDelete