Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My first ornament


[disclaimer: Due to technical difficulties, Sandy is posting on VT's behalf.]

Witness the first and so far only ornament I have bought in Bishkek. Walking along in the 99som (A$4 shop), my bag bumped into a bucket full of similar ornaments. The bucket fell over and the security guard informed me that it was broken and that I would have to pay for it (it's incredible how much you can communicate without speaking the same language, simply through pointing, gesturing and accusatory looks). So I had to buy this plum branch for 20som (luckily, it was 5 for 99som and not 99som per branch). Yes, it is hideous. It is currently living on top of my washing machine, because I don't know what else to do with it. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment