Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The other side of the snow



In case you are thinking I live in an utterly romantic winter wonderland, I thought I would provide a tiny insight into what you don't see in the picture of those lovely white trees. Witness the picture above and the reflection of the trees in the water. What would you say this is? A canal? A brown ditch full of muddy water? Well, it's my front driveway. Thanks to yesterday's snowfall, it is impossible to walk anywhere without stepping through brown slosh, brown sludge, or brown puddles. That is, while you're trying assiduously to avoid brown ice! =p

My nice new local boots have also sprung a leak - the top seam is obviously shoddy and the boot bit is coming away from the sole bit already, after only less than two weeks of wear. TIK. I'm taking it to a boot repair man tomorrow - apparently such repairmen are good and quite cheap, so hopefully that fixes it. Cold, wet socks are not exactly pleasant. But I do like looking up at snowy trees when I am not too busy looking down and watching where I'm stepping (rare, but good.)

1 comment:

  1. in the meantime you can bag your feet - i.e. put on a sock then a plastic bag then another sock then the shoe on top. bandaid fix but it's great when hiking. ;)

    ReplyDelete