Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two unsuccessful ventures



Cash flow is a bit of a problem for me. There is enough of it in my bank account, but not many ATMs around allow me to withdraw it. The ones that do, at Beta stores, are often not working. Three times in the last three weeks I have tried to withdraw money from the Beta ATMs, but they have been either out or order or out of cash each time.

Today I tried again, to no avail. (TIK) The friend who was with me, meanwhile, ran to the nearby Sports Palace to bring some runners to her daughter, who was playing basketball with her friends (or would be once she received the shoes).

The problem is that when I returned to the car after my unsuccessful foray, I saw this innocent-looking bag sitting on the car seat. My friend had taken my runners instead of her daughter's. We ended up successfully delivering the right runners to her daughter, but my friend has now had her exercise for the week. (In case you are wondering why I wasn't wearing my own runners, I had worn them to walk to school but was wearing the sandals that I changed into at school. Runners don't exactly go with a nice skirt and jacket. It's my way of trying to be more inconspicuous on the streets. I figure if I look like a total dag I will be able to avoid getting more undesirable marriage proposals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment